So let's get to know you a bit first, how long have you been playing WoW?

I've been playing WoW since January of 2008


Was Rogue your first choice or did you mess around with other classes then finally decide to land where you are now?


Rogue was absolutely my first choice (and is any just about any game I play), I've played around with other classes since then but never seriously


What's the name of your guild?
Axiom

So how far has your guild gotten into Ulduar in both 10 and 25 man?


We've gotten to Mimiron on 10 man and Thorim on 25


Do you like or dislike using vehicles at all in a raid instance?

  I'm not really a fan of the vehicle use in Malygos but I think that has more to do with the mechanics of that phase than the fact that we're using vehicles, clumping up and spinning in a circle just doesn't do it for me.  Now Flame Leviathan, that fight is the most fun I've had in a long time.  It's easy but I love it.


Have you completed any Hard modes yet?

As of yet, no.  Gotta give the instance a few clears before we try that.  I'm thinking (hoping) we'll have it cleared next week.


What boss has been the most challenging so far?

I believe that Razerscale gave us the most trouble at first but I think that had more to do with us getting back in the swing of raiding content that's brand new and hasn't been on farm for what feels like forever.  Also, once we realized that the devouring flames target the closest person it was cake.  Delicious chocolate cake.


How would you rate compare the difficulty level of Ulduar to Naxxramas?

On a scale of one to ten.  With Sunwell being a 10 and killing critters being a 1, I would say Naxx is a 3 with Ulduar being an 8, probably peaking towards 9 on the hard modes.


Do you agree with the nerfing of regular modes Blizzard is introducing?


Some of them needed nerfing (Ignis was a terror but that was probably had more to do with bugs) but I definately think they over did it.  XT is a completely joke now.  Adding another minute to the enrage timer seems ok but I felt like trantrum was at the right level of difficulty already.


How about the buffing of Hard modes?


  I'm all for this, I love an encounter than can kick my butt.
Does being able to dual spec benefit your raid greatly or is it something you find yourself and guild mates rarely using in Ulduar?
(and if being used often) does it effect the way your guild distributes items?

Does being able to dual spec benefit your raid greatly or is it something you find yourself and guild mates rarely using in Ulduar?Does it effect the way your guild distributes items?

I haven't seen anyone use their dual spec for a raid yet.  It's not a requirement in our guild, most of us are using it for PvP.  I know that no one would have a problem switching for a fight if we needed them to.  As for loot, we use a very awesome loot list system and dual spec hasn't (and can't really) effect that


Have any Shards of Val'anyr dropped yet?


  Yes, I believe we have 4 or 5


How is your guild distributing them?


  I wasn't involved in the decision, that was something the officers and the healers worked out (despite how good I am with bandages I wasn't invited).  I believe they had a roll off


How do you feel about only being able to fight Algalon one hour per week?


I think it's a cool idea.  Help shape up those guilds with terrible wipe recovery (like us)


On a scale of 1 to 10 how well do you think Blizzard is tuning raid content in Wrath?


  If I had only seen Naxx, I'd say 5 but now, having seen Ulduar I get exactly what they're going for (a nice steady progression) so I'd say 7.5


Is your guild still doing Naxx or is it strictly Ulduar right now as far as time consuming instances?


Nope, it's Ulduar and Ulduar only now.


Do you have any tips for any raiders out there?


Wake up.  No seriously, I had to turn my A game back on for Ulduar.  But for an actual legitimate tip, I'd say work on your UI.  I'm a strong proponent of organizing your UI in order to keep the most relevant information in the middle of the screen for easy access while keeping your situational awareness high.

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me!

Anytime

Be sure to check out Zaltu’s Blog, One Rogues Journey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Unholy Hands by Aenorn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at UnholyHands.Blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at UnholyHands.Blogspot.com.